JustMoney is a small company with a big dream: to tackle financial illiteracy in South Africa. Providing locals with the information, tools and products they need to achieve their financial goals.
“The challenge in South Africa is that you come out of school with little to no financial education,” says Sarah Nicholson, the company’s Operations and Sales Manager. “And then all of a sudden the banks start offering you credit and you have money coming in from your job – if you’ve got a job – and you don’t know what to do with your money. People in this situation often end up in a lot of debt, which explains a lot of the country’s issues.”
JustMoney isn’t tackling this dream on its own; the company uses the Leadify platform to reach an ever-growing audience. “Over the past two years, Leadify has helped us to expand from an organisation that sends out a few thousand SMSes a day, to one that sends out more than a million SMSes per month,” says Nicholson.
Nicholson notes that this wouldn’t have been possible without several key features of the platform, namely:
- Scalability: “We’ve gone from very little to massive numbers, and it hasn’t been an issue.”
- Real-time reporting: “We can monitor the performance of our campaigns monthly, daily and hourly, as we need.”
- AB testing: “If we want to test different messages, the platform handles all the details; we don’t have to load up a different list or anything like that.”
- Personal support: “It doesn’t matter how big or small the issue may be; we can reach out to Grant at any time and he’ll sort it out there and then. He’s also always coming up with new ideas.”
- APIs: “We’re part of a bigger business with complicated systems, and we need our leads to go through to that company. Fortunately, Leadify’s API functionality allows us to integrate with different systems, with very little effort.”
Thanks to the company’s wider reach, JustMoney is now able to partner with bigger businesses, offering South Africans the kind of financial support they truly need. “It has given us hope that what we’re planning and doing is actually going to work,” says Nicholson. “The larger business is willing to invest, people are showing a lot of interest, and the brand is showing more and more promise.”
As the saying goes, dynamite comes in small packages. And when that package is an SMS, no dream is too big.